10 Fun Things to do This Month – March Edition
- Go to a dessert place for dinner. In San Diego, we have a lot of great places like this and they are fun and different. One of the best places to go in San Diego is Extraordinary Deserts. Why not indulge yourself with chocolate and cheesecake and more chocolate and more cheesecake…
- Go volunteer. Whether you want to paricipate in a beach cleanup, park cleanup or help out at an animal shelter, there are so many great opportunities to help out in your local community and Volunteer Match is the perfect site to do so.
- Go to a local museum. Or visit a historical part of town. Increase your knowledge of the city in which you live to not only appreciate it more, but to learn a thing or too about how it became the place it is today.
- Spend the day exploring. I guarantee you will find a place you’ve never been before. Just the other day I did this and I now have a new appreciation for where I live. It’s easy to get caught up in our daily routines, but sometimes, it’s nice to break up those routines and discover the natural beauty that exists around you.
- Go to brunch. Going to brunch is highly underrated. Nothing is better than waking up on a Sunday morning and going to brunch with your friends at 11am. Order mimosas or bloody Mary’s or even just orange juice and go enjoy the company of your friends, discuss your weekends, and relish the time remaining before Monday morning rolls around.
- Celebrate a random holiday. Whether it be as inconsequential as going out for Taco Tuesday, or is actually a recognized holiday, it is fun to have an excuse to go out with friends. Some random March holidays coming up, for your viewing pleasure: March 14 is National Potato Chip Day, March 20 is International Earth Day and March 25 is Waffle Day, according to this site.
- Plan to watch the sunset. Plan a beach picnic with your friends or if you don’t live near a beach, every city has that one spot known as the place to go to watch sunsets.There is nothing more relaxing or beautiful.
- Find a friend with a fire pit and have a bonfire. It’s perfect for this cold winter weather and you get to snuggle with your closest friends. Roast some s’mores, drink a few beers and enjoy a good time, sitting around a fire with good company.
- Plan a “family” dinner with friends. Set a date. Set a time. Figure out what you want to eat. Create a list of ingredients. Divvy it up amongst you and your friends. And cook. It is fun to cook with people and the feeling of accomplishment after a big “family” dinner is great.
- Go to an exercise class with a friend. Whether that class be Zumba, Spin, Body Challenge, a Barre class or even a hot yoga class, it is fun to exercise with your friends. And it is nice to have someone to complain with the whole time, obviously.