It’s almost St. Patty’s Day! We wanted to give you some yummy dessert inspiration, with a little GREEN twist. Perfect for a school party, Saint Patricks day pot luck, or a treat to make for your friends and family with an excuse to bake and add a little green to your week!
This delicious, easy to bake treat, is called 7 layer magic bars. It’s exactly as the title describes. 7 layers (7 ingredients) and MAGIC. They taste so amazing, anyone who tries them, is sure to fall in love. Coconut shreds is one of layers, how can you not enjoy this layered cookie goodness?
1 Package Graham Crackers (about 2 cups)
1/2 Cup Melted Butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 Cup Coconut Shreds
2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1 Can Sweet Condensed Milk (14 oz)
Green Food Dye
1) Preheat Oven to 350.
2) Melt Butter and Pour into a baking pan ( 9 x 13 recommended but any flat baking pan will work)
3) Crush Up Graham Crackers. Place them in a ziplock bag to crush up.
4) To add the Green flare to these magic bars, take your green food coloring and add a few drops to your coconut shreds and mix.
5) Add your Graham Cracker Crust to the bottom of the baking Pan with the melted butter.
6) Begin Layering Remaining Ingredients (Sweet Condensed milk last)
7) Cut into squares or circles to share, and ENJOY!