What better way to celebrate Aloha Friday than with these yummy Aloha Energy Bites? Packed with the sweetness of pineapple, creaminess of coconut and crunch of macadamia nuts, these healthy snacks will have you hula dancing into the weekend!
Makes approximately 12 – 15 bites
1 cup shredded coconut (divided)
¾ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
½ cup chopped dried pineapple (We used unsweetened to control the amount of sugar)
2 Tbsp water
1 serving vanilla protein powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp honey (We didn’t add any, but feel free to add some extra sweetness!)
1) Combine ¾ cup of coconut and macadamia nuts into a medium bowl.
2) Combine the dried pineapple and water into a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Remove and allow to cool enough to handle.
3) Add the reconstituted pineapple to a food processor and pulse into a paste.
4) Add the pineapple paste to the coconut and macadamia nuts along with the protein powder, vanilla and honey. Mix to combine. The consistency should be sticky and form a ball.
5) Roll 1 inch balls of this mixture and then coat with the remaining ¼ cup of coconut. Place in the refrigerator to set for a few minutes. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Coral Reef Ring: Tidepool Love
Recipe via Creative Juice
Share this post if you love pineapples and coconuts!