In an effort to reduce the amount of plastic affecting the ocean’s ecosystem and its inhabitants, we would love to share some ways to reduce your plastic usage in your everyday life! Feel free to share with your friends and family to reduce the collective carbon footprint!
1. Use reusable shopping bags
2. Give up gum! (It’s made of a synthetic rubber)
3. Bring reusable utensils when you eat out
4. Buy in bulk at the grocery store – nuts, cereal, pasta, etc.
5. Use a reusable or paper straw instead of a plastic one
6. Use a razor with replaceable blades instead of a disposable one
7. Use a reusable water bottle instead of disposable plastic ones
8. Avoid products with plastic microbeads in them
9. Bring your own cups to coffee shops
10. Swap out your plastic toothbrush for a bamboo one!