What’s better than a fresh coat of paint on your lovely tips? A fresh coat of paint that looks like you just dipped your nails in cotton candy! So grab your pretty polishes, find a shady spot under a tree and try our delightful DIY Cotton Candy Ombre Nails. Bonus! You can also customize the colors to match your Pura Vida.
2-3 Colors of Nail Polish (We love côte polishes because they’re vegan, cruelty-free and don’t have a lot of the toxins other polishes usually do)
Nail Polish Remover
1) With your scissors, cut a few pieces of makeup sponge the same the width as your nail.
2) Carefully paint a straight line of each color underneath one another onto the sponge. You may need to re-dip your brush then paint over each line a few times for the polish to stay wet.
3) Lightly dab the sponge on each nail making sure you make contact with the edges of your nails also. Re-apply the polish onto the sponge as needed. *Important: You will have to apply a few light coats of polish with the sponge for the color to begin to show. Be patient! We did 4-5 coats and left enough drying time in between each coat.
4) Once your nails are completely dry, brush on a coat or two of clear top coat. This is the finishing touch to your nails as it really blends everything together! Don’t miss this step.
5) Clean up your edges with a few Q-tips dipped in nail polish remover. Let dry completely. So sweet, right? Cotton candy nails right at your fingertips.
Starfish + Sand Dollar Gold Rings: Tidepool Love
Share this post if you love this look!