Sometimes we can get stuck in a vacation rut. Here are some tips to make your next trip one you’ll never forget!
1) Travel by yourself. Go on a solo trip and we promise you’ll learn so many new and different things not only about the place you’re exploring, but also about yourself.
2) Travel with a tour group. With popular travel tour groups like Life Before Work, booking your next vacation with a group is a great way to travel with like-minded people within your age range. You are guaranteed to make awesome friends and experience unique adventures in exciting destinations all while using the buddy system. Stay safe!
3) Stay at a local’s house. Skip the expensive hotels and live like a local by booking your accommodations using sites like Airbnb, HomeAway or FlipKey. These sites also offer up a fun variety of housing options including apartments, houses, mansions, houseboats, tree houses and yachts!
4) Talk to the locals. Sure, it’s great to do some pre-trip Internet research on the best beaches, restaurants and activities, but there’s nothing as authentic as local knowledge. When you’re grabbing your morning coffee, politely ask the barista where to go and what to see. Or maybe that cute waiter can guide you in the right direction of the most beautiful secluded beach on the island. This way, you’re guaranteed a whole different kind of trip better than one you could ever read about on some website.
5) Take a hike. No matter where you are in the world, your best mode of transportation are your two legs. Grab a map and do some research on some easy day hikes. You’ll find that time slows down, the air becomes fresher and BONUS hiking is a free work out. Woo! More room for dessert.
6) Splurge on one excursion. Helicopter ride along the Nā Pali Coast? Sure. Cage diving with sharks in Australia? Yep! Watching baby turtles hatch in Costa Rica? Sign me up. Pick out one epic thing to do on your trip to really make it worth it cuz #yolo. When else will you back at your destination any time soon anyway?
Happy vacationing PV fans. Comment some tips on how you like to travel below.
Share this post if you love vacations!