Stay hydrated in those sizzling summer heat waves with our refreshingly simple fruit-infused water.
Watermelon, diced into chunks
Water or Soda Water
Portable Drinking Container (We love this leakproof Made by Fressko flask, which comes with a handy infuser, perfect for fruit or tea.)
Add the cut up watermelon, mint leaves and ice to your portable drinking container. Fill with water. Easy peasy. Now, drink up buttercup and go seize the day!
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water
1) Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2) Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3) Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4) Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
5) Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6) Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7) Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8) Prevents Cramps & Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9) Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10) Save Money! – Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!
(via Mind Body Green)
Did you know? Watermelon is a fruit AND a vegetable. It’s also 91% water, so it’s super hydrating and good for you. Chill slices in the fridge for a cool summer treat!
Pura Vida Bracelets: The Salty Pineapple Stack – Coming Soon!
Glass Flask: LIFT – Made by Fressko
Shark Ring: Tidepool Hawaii
Share this post if you love summer!