The biggest shopping days of 2015 are almost upon us! Get ready for some retail therapy with our favorite Pura Vida picks for the holiday season and browse through our Black Friday & Cyber Monday Gift Guide. Now all you have to do is decide whether you’re buying for yourself or your friends and family! We think BOTH.
Share this post to give your friends and family a hint that you want Pura Vida for the holidays!
Did you catch Justin Bieber and Skrillex rocking their Pura Vida in this awesome acoustic version of ‘Sorry’?
Watch the video:
Share this post if you love this song!
We teamed up with 1% for the Planet for a fun event at the Patagonia Cardiff Store. Check it out!
A big thanks to the Patagonia Cardiff store for hosting and providing such great support. We had a blast with the 80+ attendees and we hope to do more events like this next year!
Over 10 years ago, two entrepreneurs had a vision to join forces and use their businesses as the engines of positive environmental change.
This idea by Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard and Blue Ribbon Flies owner Craig Matthews has since grown into a global movement of over 1,200 member businesses in 44 countries giving 1% of their sales directly to more than 3,500 nonprofits, which totals more than $130 million given back to the environment to date. 1% is a really big number!
Help give back with one of our 1% for the Planet bracelets >>
Share this post if you love our planet!
Baby, it’s (getting) cold outside! Take a little indoor stay-cation with our list of 20 things to do when you want to stay inside:
4) Make a scrapbook from all of your last vacation pics and souvenirs.
5) Paint a large canvas of your favorite place in the world.
6) Write a letter to yourself 10 years into the future.
7) Catch up on the goat yelling videos on YouTube for a good laugh.
8) Try on every color of eyeshadow you have.
9) Wear a bikini and slippers all day cuz you can (only if you have heat!).
10 ) Organize your closet and donate what you don’t wear anymore.
11) Watch all the TED Talks on Netflix.
12) Have a Spotify dance party in your room.
13) Create different fashion looks and snap us your wrist! (Snapchat: PURAVIDABRAC )
14) Start a 30-day challenge (no TV for 30 days, drink a green smoothie every day, do 100 squats before bed or write a thank you note to a stranger every day for 30 days, be creative!).
15) Make dinner with your family/roomie or if you live alone, skip making dinner and order in.
16) Throw on your workout clothes and try out some free workout videos on YouTube.
17) Pamper yourself. Light some aromatherapy candles and give yourself an at-home manicure, pedicure, hair mask, body scrub and/or facial.
18) Skype a friend or family member abroad and catch up.
19) Digital clean up! Transfer photos to your computer from your phone, organize files on your desktop, delete old messages, etc.
20) Shop online and create your Pura Vida holiday wishlist.
While you’re shopping, check out our brand new water-resistant clutches!
Share this post if you’re staying inside today!
Okay so it’s no secret how crazy we are about pumpkins, especially during this time of year. Take a trip with us to the pumpkin patch and see our top “pics” for Jack-o-lantern carving!
Fall is always a great time to stay indoors and try out a new recipe. With Thanksgiving only a month away, whip up some Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pudding for an easy and healthy holiday dessert.
1 can full-fat coconut milk
3 teaspoons gelatin
1 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1) Pour half of the coconut milk in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to bloom (or soak up the liquid) for 5 minutes.
2) Whisk together the remaining coconut milk, pumpkin puree, honey, and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
3) Pour in the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Do not let it boil. Pour mixture into a large heatproof bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the liquid. This will prevent a gelatin ‘skin’ from forming on top.
4) Place it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until set. The pudding will be almost solid when chilled. Remove the plastic wrap and use hand beaters or a stand mixer to beat for 3 to 5 minutes on high, until smooth and creamy.
Serve with gingersnap cookies or you can use it as a pie filling!
(Yumminess via Against All Grain)
If you’ve already started your holiday shopping, add some style to their stocking with our Boho Collection!
Share this post if you love pumpkins!
When it comes to fall fashion, we’re a slave to the sweater. Pair with your favorite bracelets to dress it up or dress it down! These cozy knits will keep you warm well into winter.
1) BDG Parker Cardigan, urbanoutfitters.com
Pair with: Sand Dollar Surprise Pack
2) Ollie Sweater, brandymelvilleusa.com
Pair with: Gold Feather Mediterranean Green
3) Others Follow Wild Winds Black Print Poncho, lulus.com
Pair with: Anything from our Boho Style Guide
4) AEO Cable Knit Sweater, American Eagle Outfitters
Share this post if you love sweater weather!
Transition into the new season with these 19 fall-themed date ideas so you and your boo can make memories and have fun:
1) Go on a hike to see the beautiful changing leaves.
2) Watch horror movies on a Netflix night in.
3) Rake leaves into giant piles then jump in them. Repeat.
4) Visit the pumpkin patch, pick out a pumpkin and carve it at home. Don’t forget to roast the seeds for a yummy snack!
5) Read books at your favorite coffee shop for the whole day.
6) Walk through the city and have a fall photoshoot together.
7) Go through each of your closets and donate stuff you don’t need anymore. Giving together is the best!
8) Take turns sketching and drawing each other’s faces. It sounds cheesy, but it’s actually really hilarious.
9) Brainstorm cute and equally awesome couple’s costumes for Halloween.
10) Take a weekend road trip to a new town you both have never been to before.
11) Pick apples from your local orchard or farm then bake them into an apple pie.
12) Football game anyone? Whether it be you actually throwing around a football, watching it on TV or heading to a live game together, you can’t have fall without a bit of football.
13) Go fall camping. Bring a tent, everything you need for smores and your coziest sweaters, socks and blankets.
14) Hop in the car and just drive around with your favorite playlist on repeat. Bonus points for a coffee pit-stop.
15) Cuddle on the couch the whole day and eat snacks. Yes, this is completely acceptable as a date.
16) After lots of couch time, you could then hit the gym together and take turns showing one another an exercise. Whip up some post-workout green smoothies for a sweet treat.
17) Go to a bookstore and read all of your favorite magazines together.
18) Go out for dinner except only order desserts. Instead of sitting across from each other, sit beside one another — way cozier.
19) Volunteer at your local food bank together.
Just like your boyfriend’s favorite t-shirt, we’ve got Pura Vida for your guy that you can wear too >> Shop Men’s Style Guide
Share this post if you like one of these date ideas!
We’ve been a huge fan of our friend Emily since we first laid eyes on her colorful artistic creations. Get to know one of fave artists and follow her Instagram for tons of inspiration and good vibes!
1) Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about what you do, your art and where you’re from!
My name is Emily Deechaleune. I’m 22 years old. Born and raised in Methuen, Massachusetts. I’m a visual artist, who draws and paints 🙂 I usually do portraits and right now, I love to draw mandalas, zen doodle and things that are good vibe related, such as the sun, moon, elephants, flowers etc.
2) How did you get into being an artist?
I’ve loved art since I can remember. As a child I would always go to a book store called “Borders”. My brother and I would get drawing books and would learn to draw for hours. Since middle school, I always told myself that I would become some type of artist and would work in the arts field.
3) What is one piece of advice you’d give to aspiring artists?
Dream big and NEVER GIVE UP on anything that makes you happy! Whatever you go through in life, you’re going to have your ups and downs and you need to fight through it. Don’t give up because it’s hard, push through it and you’ll learn and grow as a person. You’ll thank yourself later in the long run 🙂
4) What does ‘living free’ mean to you?
To me, living free means being your true self and doing whatever it is that your heart desires. People are going to judge you regardless if you’re a good or bad person. At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and you should make sure you’re doing things for you and not for others. Do things that satisfy your soul and make you happy.
5) Your top 5 bracelet picks:
Hang up some of Emily’s art and grab one of her awesome prints!
Share this post if you love drawing!