Hey PV fans! Mothers Day is coming up. May 8th is the day we dedicate to celebrating the wonderful Moms (or Mother figures) in our lives.
You could buy flowers or take them to brunch. But how about doing something extra special and making a DIY gift? We have created a step by step to create your own Lavender Bath Salt for Mom to enjoy. This bath salt is made with epsom salt which is said to help ease stress and relax the body. It is also used to relieve pain and muscle cramps. Mixed with lavender essential oil, soap, and a few other ingredients, this easy to make bath salt is a perfect gift to give that can help Mom relax for all that she does for other people.
3 Cups Epsom Salt (Can use Kosher Salt)
1/2 Cup Pure-Castile Liquid Soap ( Or any Lavender Scented Body Wash)
1 TBSP Olive Oil, Coconut, or Sweet Almond Oil
2-3 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
Purple Food Coloring (Optional)
1) In a large bowl, combine salt and body wash and mix until combined.
2) Add in your drops of essential oil and food coloring and mix well.
3) On a lined baking sheet, spread your salt mixture out into a thin layer. Allow 24 hours for mixture to dry.
4) Once your salt mix is dry, break up any large clumps, and spoon into a sealable mason jar.
5) Add a mothers day gift tag for a little extra special touch.