Big or small, outside or in, a garden can offer a place of calm, peace and tranquility. Here are some handy tips on how to create your own zen garden even if your green thumb isn’t so green:
1. Keep it to a minimum. Creating a place of serenity is all about open space and feeling light. Your zen garden should feel light and airy, so keep the greenery, furniture and design elements to a minimum. Less is definitely more!
2. Add a place for sand. Whether it be a large, open box in your back yard or a small container on your desk. And don’t forget the rake! Create multiple patterns in the sand to mimic the ripples of the ocean. Don’t you already feel relaxed?
3. Add zen features like Buddha statues, pebbles, stones or rocks.
4. If you have the space and resources, having a small water fountain ups the zen factor by a ton. Hearing the soft sound of trickling water creates positive energy and we could all use more of that!
5. If you don’t have an outdoor space, create a desktop zen garden using a small tray, some sand, a rake and a few stones. When you’re stressed, take a few minutes to create a pattern by drawing in the sand with your rake.
Share this post if you could use some more zen in your life!