Ahh beautiful Barcelona! The capital of Catalonia will fill your senses, with its rich mix of modern and ancient architecture, enticing artisan markets and cafes, and sun-soaked mediterranean beaches. Stroll down the lively La Ramba and through the waterfront Barceloneta.
Dreaming of this vibrant city and all the excitement it holds. Located in the south-east corner of Australia, this thriving city is filled with quaint coffee shops, unique restaurants, chic fashion, and of course beautiful beaches. While it’s still a fairly young city, there’s loads of potential for exciting new neighborhoods and eclectic nightlife and oh boy, is it growing!
This weeks Wanderlust Wednesday is inspired by our Life In Color Original, not so much the concert but the cities that are brought to life by the color they manifest. There’s so much beauty in color, besides the different hues, but that it brings anything it touches to life and it’s universal. Let’s agree that we always need a little more color in our life, the more color the better! Hopefully these colorful neighborhoods will inspire you to bring more color into your home.
1. Cinque Terre, Italy
2. Caminito, Buenos Aires
3. Wroclaw, Poland
4. Santa Maria, Rio De Janeiro
5. San Francisco, California
Get out and about this summer with Pura Vida. Go somewhere new! Take a road trip up the coast. Hop on a plane and explore the unknown. Everyone should travel at least once per year. Travel broadens the mind. It allows us to experience different cultures. Live unique lifestyles. Get a bunch of friends together or travel solo. Meet new people and try new foods. Live life to the fullest and have a blast this summer!!
Styles shown above: Gold 3 Circle Dark Grey, Silver Bar Seafoam, Solid Pacific Blue, Seafoam Braided, Glacier Freeze, Platinum Ice Blue. Tag us on Instagram #puravidabracelets wearing your favorite styles!
Who lives sees, but who travels sees more. Live well, travel often. My favorite thing to do is go where I’ve never been. Wanderlust: a strong desire or urge to wander or travel and explore the world.
These are all quotes you’ve read before. And they all kind of mean something different to everybody. But we at Pura Vida promote the message behind those quotes. The brand was inspired by the urge to travel; by the urge to see something more than what we all see on a daily basis. When you travel you expand your sense of self, and we just wanted to give you a few more reasons as to why you should take the plunge and just go.
- Experience a different culture. You are exploring a world different than any you’ve been used to and it’s exciting. The streets are paved differently, the people dress differently and the air just breathes like nothing you’ve ever known before. It is both exhilarating and terrifying, yet uplifting. To travel is to live. It is the best thing you can do for yourself.
- Meet new people. Yes, we all meet new people when we go away to college or when we get a new job. But to actually feel foreign in a place where you are so insignificant, where nobody knows who you are, is a feeling you can’t quite put into words. Imagine not knowing the language; imagine sounding like the idiot who doesn’t know how to distinguish “right” from “left.” It will give you a whole knew appreciation for your home and your family, and for the people you know who have come to the U.S. without a sole connection and have made the best out of it.
- You learn how to manage your money. When you travel, you realize how expensive or inexpensive basic necessities really are, depending on where you go. I went to London, which is one of the most expensive cities in the world, and lived on High Street Kensington, next to Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, one of the most expensive areas in London. Let’s just say I quickly realized that my love for food could not be satiated in the city where I was staying. The food was just too expensive, and so, I lived off of peanut butter sandwiches and soup for a little while, but I’m still here, and I couldn’t be more thankful for the experience.
- Experience the amazing power of human kindness. I think sometimes we live in a world that focuses on the negative. We don’t hear a lot about all the good people do, and we never see or hear about random acts of basic human kindness. Which is sad but at the same time when you travel or study abroad, you get surprised. People show you empathy. People show you genuine sincerity for your general well-being, and they legitimately want to help you (for the most part). Kindness from strangers shouldn’t be something that surprises us, but because it does a lot of the time, you’ll be amazed at how nice a lot of other people in the world actually are.
- You learn a lot about yourself. Because you take yourself away from your comfort zone, you really get to know what makes you happy/sad, etc. You start realizing how much you really hate doing that certain thing, or how much you truly appreciate the relationship you have with your friends from home. Yes, it is terrifying but at the same time, it is almost like a cleansing process. You realize how to distinguish the good from the bad, and it is a great feeling.
Pura Vida is in Hawaii this week and we couldn’t be more excited! Here to celebrate the Wanderlust Festival in O’ahu, we wanted to give you a taste of what we will be experiencing. To begin, here is a simple definition of the word, so you are not already completely lost:
Wanderlust: a strong desire to travel. And the Wanderlust Festival is a one-of-a-kind weekend long experience bringing together the world’s leading yoga teachers, top musical acts and DJs, renowned speakers and top chefs and winemakers, all in a setting of breathtaking, natural beauty. Below is a short list detailing some of the components to one of these festivals, and maybe, if it sounds like something you would be interested in, you can go to an upcoming festival. A complete schedule of the festivals can be found here.
The Wanderlust Festival Experience:
- Yoga: It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced yogi or a beginner just wanting trying something new, the Wanderlust festival has a program that caters to every individual. So lift to the top of the mountain and sit among the clouds, or join an intimate, smaller class based in a studio. The main goal is to get you to benefit from an experience that you may not be used to, surrounded by a community of people all with the same goals in mind.
- Music: A wide array of music is also performed at these festivals. Ranging from intimate pop-up shows to main stage events, the eclectic array will feed into your experience and enhance your overall journey. Some of the bands going to be featured at the O’ahu Wanderlust festival include DJ Drez, Kevin Paris and Donavon Frankenreiter.
- Outdoor Adventures: One of the great things about these festivals is that they encourage you to get off the mat and out into the surrounding natural setting. Some of the cool outdoor adventures featured at the O’ahu Wanderlust Festival include eco-kayaking through the Kawela Bay, horseback riding, a helicopter tour of O’ahu and an off-road segway tour.
- Food, Wine and Local Craft: Grass-fed, cold-pressed, small-batch, gluten-free, certified-organic – this is the kind of food you are going to get when attending this festival. The whole experience is about cleansing your palette, so what better way than from the inside out?
- Speakeasy Lectures: The Speakeasy lecture is unique to the Wanderlust Festival in that subjects who speak always speak about topics that pertain to mindful living. It is a casual experience, where the speakers can literally speak-easily, and it is one of the main draws to attending these festivals.
Find more information about the Wanderlust Festivals here, and hopefully everyone has a happy weekend!